Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I'm glad you think so much of our precious blog Bethany. :(. But anywayz, I wanted to talk a bit about Breaking Dawn. Please don't read tis if you haven't read BD yet.  It'll ruin the experiance.

First of all, it was an awesome book, don't get me wrong. But in a lot of areas it was a huge disapointment. The mariage was well thought out and nice, but the fact that it was bam bam you're done, married, go was a little disconcerting. Then the honeymoon was loose and rushed. The pregnancy from Jacobs POV was a little maddeing, due  to the fact I despise him, but it was a stroke of pure genious. The seprate pack was creative and just purly beautiful! But then a name like Renesmee came along. I mean, she couldn't have spet just a little time on a better name??? Carlie was nice, I'd rather that as her first name. If I write any stories concerning her, she will have decided to take her middle name. I don't blame Jake for nicknaming her Nessie. Much easier to type and say. The change was nice, the skipping the newborn thing entirely was eeehhhh, but the length of the collecting witnesses makes it obvious she had a goal amount of pages.  The J. Jenks plot was obviously for filler. The sheild was fine, and the training was cute. The Volturi was a little drawn out, but when Edward said "Yess!" I knew immediatly of Alice's plot. In fact, I knew of her plot for quite a while. A nice little breadcrumb trail leading to the discovery. The endig was okay, a little cheesy, and a hint rushed, but other than that, sweet and cute. I think there was a lack of ExB fluff. All in all, a beautiful book and a wonderful ending to the elaborate tale Stephenie has weaved. And she has probably inspired my friends to take an angry mob to kill her, because I'm even more obsessed with Edward than before, which is saying something. If they thought I couldn't go a day without talking about Edward before, whoa, are they in for a suprise. Muhahahahahaha!  

No comments: