Monday, August 11, 2008

My Story

Hey, I'm making a luverly story, about the Super Sensatios! Five stories, each from another P.O.V. This one is from Lilian, Goddess of the Water.

                                      Prolouge
     

     “We’ve got a breach.” Jess whispered to me. I nodded and took up my station.
 “Ready?” I thought to Jason, who responded with the signal. I held my breath. This was it. This was what everyone had waited five generations for. My life had been torn apart, pulling me into a realm that shouldn’t exist. And I did’t regret one minute of it. I had a family now, my real one. I had everything I could ever want and more. And this mad woman was convinced she could waltz in here and tear it all apart again. Not on my watch. The air in front of me rippled, and I tensed, the familiar swirl of water blurred my vision. I watched the signal slowly go around, and I felt Jess come up beside me.
 “The flex!” She said, her voice pained. The air tured solid and purple, a mist surrounding a new portal. We backed up. And then my nightmare came to life. A voice sounded from the gloom.
 “Hello, Sensations. Charmed, I’m sure.” And a flex of magic so strong it knocked me off my feet. “ Welcome to your nightmares.” And all I could see was black.
   
                                                 Chapter One



 My bag sat in my lap, and I stared at it to distract me. I never knew I was afraid of flying. But I must be. Since my stomach slipped away from me a while ago. I watched out the window of the plane I was stuck on. Nothing to see but clouds. Not even the pretty ocean was under us anymore. Everything was a big mush of green, brown and white. Not even a flash of blue to give it some life. Where I came from, in-go ahead and gasp- Antartica, everything was blue. Blue and white and blue again. My parents were acting squirmy and shifty, almost guilty before I had left. And they should be! Randomly popping into my room and telling me to pack my bags quickly and quietly. Suprise! Now I was on a plane to North America. Specifically, for seemingly no reason, Providence, Rhode Island. Mom got all teary eyed at the sight of the plane, telling me once again the mysterious instructions and also to always remember Rhode Island’s motto. “Hope.” That’s it. One word. What in the world would I possibly need with the word hope? Whatever it is, it must be important. Because mom told me that hope would pull me through the rest of my life. And then Dad led her off crying. I dug into my backpack, pulling out the envelope I had recived. Mom told me that this was the most important thing in the world, besides me apparently. There was a woman named Jessica Karnes that I had to give this to, and she should give me a book. Then I was to read the book, and most importantly belive every word. Then I had to locate a girl named Ivory. And we had to do everything the book said. She didn’t tell me why. She didn’t tell me how. I was to sleep at Jessica’s house if I couldn’t do this in one day. I had also been given a wallet full of hudred dollar bills. I tossed the envolope down into the bottem of my bag. That was all I got. One backpack. My mom said everything would be okay in the end, and we wouldn’t see each other for a while. My bag held a few changes of clothes, the instructions written on the inside of a resteraunt menu, the wallet, the envelope, and a necklace. According to mom, it had been passed down through many many generations. And I couldn’t wear it until I read the book. I was pulled from my reverie when a flight attendant tapped my shoulder.
 “We’ve landed, honey. Are you meeting family here?” I shook my head slowly. Her kind face looked dismayed. “Well, are you okay?” I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. She nodded and reluctently led me towards the exit. After Customs and such, I saw a woman who caught my attention. It wasn’t the big sign reading “Lily Remenca” which is my name, or the bright yellow color of this sign, but her flaming red hair, frizzed and bushy. I pulled out of my pocket a picture of Jessica. Same hair, same bright face, just a little taller in person. I smiled and went over.
 “Hey! You must be Lily! You look exactly like your mom, you know.” She told me brightly. I smiled, not sure how to handle the situation.
 “Did...did my mom tell you...what was going on?” I asked. She frowned.
 “No, actually. I mean, I know that you...need a place to stay for a while, and that she sent a letter with you explaining...everything. Now, how much do you know about...water?” She looked a little uncomfortable all of a sudden.
 “Uh, it’s wet?” I asked, confused. She seemed to relax.
 “I see. Nothing about your family history then.” I nodded, thoroughly confused. What was she talking about? She led me to a shiny black car, and sat me in the back. As we drove, she talked about her town, twenty miles out of Providence. It was named Burrillville. We arrived quickly, and she pulled into the driveway of a small house. It was made of red bricks, had a simple wooden door, and at least two floors. From what I could see. Jessica reached quickly into the potted plant beside the door.
 “I always put my key there. So I don’t have to fumble in my purse, y’know?” I nodded and followed her into the dark. A light was flipped on, revealing a short foyer, leading to one big open space. I gasped, taken aback. It was huge. Probably used to be a bunch of rooms, but all the walls got knocked down, leaving this. In one corner was a stairwell, one half of the space was taken up by a sitting room arrangemet, another quater by a kitchenette, and the last take by simply books. Mounds and mounds of books. She moved around comfertably, grabbing mugs and filling them with rich hot chocolate. I sat down on one of many silver chairs, digging the envolope out of my backpack. I handed it to her after she set the hot chocolate down. She smiled brightly, moving to the kitchen to read it. I watched the swirling chunks of power in my drink. Exactly how I liked it. How did she know all this stuff about me? My thoughts were interupted with a crash and a gasp. I turned around, jumping up with speed I didn’t know I had. Jessica had dropped her mug, and she stared at the paper, stunned. Everything was silent for a second before she turned to look at me, fear in her eyes. She ignored the mess on the floor, running to her bookshelf. She started frantically pulling books out, searching for something. Jessica seemed to remember some vital peice of information, and opened a compartment on the side of the shelf that I wouldn’t have even noticed if she hadn’t pulled it open. Slowly a book emerged in her hands. She cradled it almost lovingly. I stood stock still as she walked slowly toward me. Finally, she broke the silence.
 “This...is big.” She said sternly. “This. This will change your life. For the worse. But you must tell only the designated five. No one else.”

Thats not even one chapter. But I'll post peices now and again. PEACE! 

No comments: