Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Part 4

My story Part 4, Chapter 2. Hope you like it! “Three plane tickets to El Salvador, please.” I adressed the woman at the counter. She nodded and typed on her computer. Five minutes and we had our tickets, waiting outside terminal 4. Apperantly the plane was to board in fifteen minutes. I talked to Ivory to pass the time.
 “So tell me about your family.” I instructed her, and she turned, white eyes glaring.
 “Private.” She made a sound like wind cracking branches. I nodded slowly and shifted. We had stopped at the mall on the way here, and I now had a bathing suit, new clothes, and a pouch full of “identety invention” equipment. Make-up, wigs, hair dye, rub on tan... and a notebook full of people all over the world who could make fake I.Ds and such. Just in case, Jess had told me. I was starting to like the whole goddess thing less and less. I had exchangd my sweats and sweatshirt for really classy jeans and a camo v-neck t-shirt, with a cute camo hat to go with it. The speakers announced our flight, and in no time we were in the plane. When we landed in El Salvador, the first thing I noticed was the heat. It was scorching. We stepped out into the midday sun, and examined our surroundings. It was hot and dusty, like those days that your gym teacher strives for, just so they can make you run laps as a form of modern tourture. But we were far from running laps. We walked down streets, exploring the town. There was a baazar going on in a big park. We explored the stalls until my necklase began to pulse and glow. 
 “Look! We’re close!” I exclaimed. Jess shook her head.
 “Those arn’t white magic pulses.” She said, scanning the crowd. Her eyes locked on someone at a stall, and her eyes grew wide. “Go!” Jess spun and ran swiftly through the throngs of people. I shot a glance at Ivory, who returned the glance, and we both spun and headed in the same direction as Jess. We found her ducking into a dark ally, and we collapsed, breathless, onto the tightly packed earth. 
 “Okay, what’s going on?” I asked Jess when I regained the ability to breathe again.
 “Maybe you should read the book to find out.” She was peeking around the corner, wary eyes exploring the crowd.

 White and Dark Magic

 There are more than one type of magic. First, white, that of the gods. (And goddesses) And then there is dark, that of the witch craft. There are many differances, but one main point. Dark magic is used for personal gain, or for selfish reasons. If a farmer-god of, let’s say animals- created a chicken to feed himself, that would be dark magic. But if it was to feed his family as well, and those intentions went straight to the heart, it would be white magic. But if that same man created a chicken to feed his family, but he was really only doing that so he would eat without the use of dark magic, it would still be dark. Using dark magic is like having a child out of wedlock. Not illigial, but a thing most look down upon. I myself have used dark magic many times. But I am not proud to say so. Others will be proud. Many of your enemies will use strictly dark magic. This is why the fifth generation is so important. If too much dark magic is used, so much that it overpowers the good, the fabric of time and reality will collapse. Imagine a scale, with the earth in the middle. One side has dark magic, the other white. If it tips too far to the dark side, everything becomes dark, dreary and evil. If the scale is to the white side, happiness for all. At this point, it’s almost like a subconcious war, and the scales are balanced. But when the flex comes, it will not be a flex of white magic. Which is why you must even out the mesurements by taking out the supreame dark magic users, before everything is enveloped in shadow forever. 

  I looked up from the book, staring at Jess. 
 “What? We have to ‘take supreame users out’???” I whispered harshly at her. 
 “Like....kill them?” Ivory asked, fear in her eyes.
 “Well I’m sure it doesn’t mean take them out to dinner!” I snapped at her.
 “Yes, you must. The fate of the world is literally in your hands.”

No comments: