Monday, August 11, 2008

Part 3

Part three I guess.

Two days later I had made my way through the first parts of the book, detailing my mission. It was a rainy Tuesday as Jess and I set off to find one girl on Rhode Island. We drove through the streets, watching my pendant. We talked, and I asked what it was like to never die. 
 “Well, I get only fractionally older year by year, and it will stop compleatly after the fifth generation is together.” I smiled at that. Jess was nice. There was something about her bubbly personality that was infectious. Suddenly I felt a pulse, and glanced down. My pendant lit up.
 “Look! It’s glowing!” We stopped the car, searching for a blonde girl. This was a pretty deserted street. We walked around, watching my pendant glow brighter and brighter. We stopped infront of a nice little house, almost like a cottage. A girl about my age was locking the door behind her as she left. Her hair was blond. Her eyes were pure white.
 “Um, May I help you?” She asked, frowning. Her voice was lovely, like a feather on the wind. Light and happy. Jess elbowed me.
 “Oh, ya. Are you Ivory?” She nodded. I cringed. I had no idea how to go about this. Jess had given me her book, it had a white cover and the same leather band around it. “ Could I talk to you privatly for a sec?” Her face became wary. 
 “I’m not supposed to speak with strangers.” She took a step back.
 “Wait! Tell your...umm,” 
 “Mom!” Jess whispered to me.
 “Yeah, tell your mom that Lilian from the fifth generation is here. She’ll understand.” Ivory examined me for a second before opening the door again.
 “Mum! Lilian of the fifth generation is here? Say’s you’ll understand.” Ivory shouted into the doorway. A blonde woman with the same white eyes appeared at the door, spatula in hand.
 “As in...the fifth generation?” She looked at me, and saw my pendant.
 “Yes. And I need to speak with Ivory.” She started shaking her head in shock.
 “She’s...one too?” I nodded. “ Have you gotten everyone together yet?” She asked, tossing the spatula to the ground, and advancing toward me.
 “Ivory and me so far.” I told her. She nodded stoutly. 
 “Ivory, hun, talk to these people. Believe every word they say.” She smiled at me, going back into the house. Ivory glanced at me warily.
 “Okay, what’s going on? What fifth generation? What am I part of?” I sighed.
 “This is yours.” I handed her the book. 
 “Erm...no.” She looked at me like I was insane. Well, I probably was.
 “Actually it is. The information in there is vital to our world.” i told her, trying to sound official. Jess giggled, not improving the situation. I glared fiercly at her.
 After an hour, Ivory’s eyes looked like they were glued wide, trying to take it all in. 
 “This...this necklace,” She said, touching the jewlery at her neck, “ Is magic?” I nodded. She sighed. “And we seriously gotta go to every contenient?” I nodded again.
 “You were easy to find. But we have to find Ameilia in all of Romania. That’ll be tough.” She nodded in agreement. She went inside, where her mother had already packed a bag for her. We said our goodbyes, and the three of us headed out to the airport, bound for El Salvador, on our mission to find three kids amidst the world. 

That's the end of chapter one! Wow. So much happened. Did I rush it? Please tell me if something looks wrong!

No comments: